Table of contents - Quick version
PART I –RIVALRY IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. Rival Institutions: Society as Triangular Relationship
2. Rival Models: Interactions within and between societies
3. Rival Trends: Advancing Business, towards globalisation?
4. Rival Trends: An advancing and increasingly emancipated civil society?
5. Rival Trends: A receding state?
6. Managing Rivalry: The international bargaining society
7. Managing Rivalry: The challenge of Societal Interface Management
PART II - INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
8. The Logic: the multifaceted notion of corporate responsibility
9. The Occasion: Issues and Issues management
10. The Stakes: Firms part of the problem or part of the solution?
11. The Mechanism: Reputation and correction
12. The Context: rival CSR and ICR regimes
13. The Process: ICR as managing distance
PART III –THE INTERNATIONAL BARGAINING SOCIETY IN ACTION
14. Do it Just –the Nike Case
15. The Ocean as rubbish dump? –the Shell Brent-Spar Case
16. Provocative Bras from Burma –the Triumph-International Case
17. Do More, feel better, live longer…if you can afford it –the Glaxo Case
18. Changing Climate for a sleeping tiger? –the ExxonMobil Case
19. Lessons in Reputation
20. The way ahead - Towards a strategic stakeholder dialogue